Monday, March 23, 2009

Google Adsense Milestone

Well, today I had a really good day and thought I would write a quick post about it. That way, when I have a not-so-good-day I can come back here and read about it. :-) Who knows, that not-so-good-day could even be tomorrow--but I hope not!

Since I last posted I've been really busy building small niche blogs. Garry Conn originally got me moving in the right direction and now I'm getting a lot of great advice from Mark and Court over at the Keyword Academy. If you really want to learn how to make money online you should take the time to read every post and comment on their website. It might take a little time, but unlike the time you might waste lurking around in forums or on other websites it will be wisely spent. In fact, I recently took their challenge to break my information addiction and I must say it's been working out great. I'm finally getting things accomplished! If this post doesn't get you motivated, nothing will: 7 Brutally Straightforward Tips For Making Money On The Internet

I built 10 blogs following exactly the process they outline in their Keyword Crash Course ebook. It's been a little over 30 days since I registered the domain names. I filled them all up with content and now I'm working on building my backlinks. It's taking a lot of work but for once I finally feel like I'm making progress instead of spinning my wheels. I'm also keeping the editors over at EzineArticles pretty busy as I currently have 19 articles waiting to be reviewed. That doesn't even count the ones that have already been submitted and accepted. :-) Lordy--I never thought I was capable of writing so many articles! But recently something strange came over me and now writing 3-5 articles per day is pretty much routine.

Anyway, my whole reason for writing this post was because I just logged into my Google Adsense account and saw I'd made more today than what I did during the whole month of February. Pretty cool. Granted, most of the traffic came from one article I published on Ezinearticles and that will probably die off pretty quickly. But at least I know I'm headed in the right direction. As long as I slowly keep building backlinks my sites will move up higher in the SERPs and continue to make money even when the newness of Ezinearticles fades away. Sooooo, I only have a few more articles to write and then I'll be moving onto the second stage of linkbuilding.

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Tara K. said...

Hi, well, it seems like I came to the right place. You're very encouraging, but I'm still confused. I signed up with megatyping, and posted several articles on ezinearticles, but I must be brain dead as you said you hoped our brains worked better than yours. I love writing, but am overwhelmed as to exactly what to put in my resource box. I can't even figure out how to fix all of the mistakes on my blogspot and am not even sure if we post our articles to each site or send then out from our blogspot. I've already paid for programs that would supposedly help. I'm so frusterated, I want to scream. I've spent so much time already, by writing for nothing. I only get form letters back, which doesn't help. I was just looking over the nicheblogger info. that I printed out a month ago and was hopeful til I saw your blog. I'm a little more familiar with what it all entails now than before, so should I go with nicheblogger or your program? I'm so happy (for you) that you're getting the hang of it and that's where I want to be, so thanks and keep going. Good Luck. Tara, im2cool_59404@yahoo.com

Amanda said...

Hi Tara, the key to success is choosing profitable niches and keywords. Unfortunately I don't think the Niche Blogger does a good enough job of teaching members how to do that. We all make mistakes though--that is part of the learning process. I would really recommend checking out the Keyword Academy. At the very least, download the free ebook they have available on their website. If you like what you read, you might want to consider signing up for the Keyword Crash Course. It has helped to clear up a lot of confusion for me. You still have to work hard though. During the month of June I made almost $100 from Adsense and $45 from Amazon. Not earth-shattering, but I am definitely making progress and moving in the right direction! You can check out my other review blog: http://keywordcrashcourse.blogspot.com/ for more details.